Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Paralyzing pain (back) follwed by temp rise and sweating...told a pulled muscle and put on meds -relax/steriod

I know that most will say go to the doctor again but I would like input on possible reasons other than pulled back muscle ie infections, cancer related or other things





I have had back surgery about 12-15 yrs ago (l4-l5 discectomey) and have had occasional back trouble off and on since, time b4 now was totally differant symptoms more like burning in my abdominal area. This latest flare up has basically made it difficult for me to even walk. I went to the dr yesterday and was put on some meds and having to get out of bed and become moblie seemed to "loosen" things up and i thought it was going to pass, I took the meds this morning and they made me sleep... when i awoke I moved and had the unbearable pain that made me yell out in pain and my temp rose and I began to sweat. (bp yest was 100/80)I am guessing I have tweaked the same thing again but I dont see what a pulled muscle could cause this debilitating pain.I will call to start PT mon and see dr again tue. what else could be reason
Paralyzing pain (back) follwed by temp rise and sweating...told a pulled muscle and put on meds -relax/steriod
I have also had several back surgeries. I learned over the years to only take pain med's when the pain got so unbearable that I felt like I couldn't function. Why suffer you say well listen to this and you will no why. When you take; let's use Tylenol (with codeine) as an example. I would take the dose the Doctor told me it would take 20 min. to work and only last 2 hours and I was only allowed to take 2 every 4 hours.I became ammuned. I would get so constipated I would not be able to have a crap for day's. This would put alot of pressure on my back because my intestines would fill with no relief.


My point is take stool softener's daily.Get off the pain med's if possible. Go for daily walks to keep the back muscles loosened up.
Paralyzing pain (back) follwed by temp rise and sweating...told a pulled muscle and put on meds -relax/steriod
Undiagnosed food allergies can make these problems worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment