Friday, November 6, 2009

Excess armpit sweating?

I have this and my derm dr gave me a prescription of Drysol. He said it would feel prickly like a porcipne in my armpit. He was right on the money. It's killing me not to scratch. I'm not- but this is driving me crazy. I am on day way of treatment. He said this was normal and it will be worth it. Has anyone been on this?
Excess armpit sweating?
No, I haven't been on Drysol, however, I am familiar with the product, and the fact that (as humorous as it may sound) a lot of excessive sweating underneath the armpit is in fact caused by fungi! Don't feel bad, it doesn't mean you're 'stinky' or 'dirty' it just happens! Just like getting a virus or a cold. The good news is that Drysol will cure it, it's not necessarily reoccurring, so you may never have this problem again! The itching will probably recede a little as your skin adapts, I would also refrain from shaving... This of course may depend on your wardrobe, and the length of your prescription! :)
Excess armpit sweating?
I had surgery in the 80s to remove my sweatglands--yhey don't do that any more--don't know bout Drysol bu t have heard Botox injections are the preferred treatment now
Reply:Yes I have been (still am actually). At first it annoyed the hell out of my and I actually gave into it a few times. It resulted in extremely irritated skin in the morning that was uncomfortable when wearing clothing. Over time I have learned to live with it as it is only temporary and since I use it right before I go to bed the hardest part is just getting to sleep then by morning its fine. It does work wonders so a little temporary itching in my book is way outweighed by the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment